SPAL AUTOMOTIVE is a global leader in the development and manufacture of high-quality electric axial fans and radial blowers for all vehicle and machine types.
The company was founded in 1959 and originally specialized in the development and manufacture of plastic injection moulded articles. Since 1970, SPAL has been active in the development, manufacture and distribution of high-performance axial fans and radial blowers for use in passenger cars, busses, off-road vehicles, construction machinery, agricultural machinery such as tractors, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, air conditioning and industrial applications.
The SPAL plant currently covers an 80,000 m2 production area with more than 1000 employees, who are responsible for technology, research & development and production. SPAL AUTOMOTIVE has been awarded the TS16949 and ISO 9001 certifications.
These certifications define the quality requirements for planning, development, manufacturing and installation and maintenance. SPAL also has the certification for environmental management UNI EN ISO14001:2004 and meets the requirements of the European Directive 2000/53/EC on end-of-life vehicle disposal.
Our goal is to offer high quality products on the market. We can achieve this goal through our continuous focus on research and development and the careful monitoring of all production processes.
The strengths of SPAL
We cover all requirements for the development of the following high-tech functions in-house:
- Fluid dynamics
FULLY INTEGRATED PRODUCTION PROCESS
The complete production process, which is necessary for fan and blower production, is integrated and available in the SPAL plant:
- Fast creation of prototype parts
- Chemical materials laboratory for testing and assessing plastic materials
- Plastic injection moulding (fan wheels, housing)
- Development and manufacture of motors
- Internal PCB production and assembly: For use with brushless motors (EC) and automotive accessories
- Electronics (SMD, lead-free)
- Automatic assembly procedures
IN-HOUSE TEST AND TESTING EQUIPMENT
- Climate change test chambers
- Climate change test chambers with static humidity
- Temperature shock test chambers
- Temperature test cabinets
- Water & Salt Spray Chamber
- Vibration test benches (at monitored room temperature)
- Vibration test benches with integrated climate chamber
- Air mass test benches
- Reflexison-free acoustic test room with spectrum analyzer
- Test hall for stress tests (for about 500 fans/blowers)
- Torque test bench
- 3D coordinate measuring machine
- Laser sintering system for prototype production
- EMV test laboratory
- Test equipment for mechanical stress tests
- Testing equipment for load test cable/plug